- How to get a Capitec credit card without the credit; Capitec Global One Card
- How to Activate the Capitec MasterCard SecureCode
- How to link your Capitec Global One Card to your PayPal Account and Why
- How to link PayPal to FNB (to withdraw money)
If you are like me and you like shopping online then you know how time consuming it is filling in your card details every time you purchase things, especially from overseas.
Paypal makes it easy to shop internationally by storing your card details and just asking you for your PayPal credentials before making your purchase. You will also have the ability to get a refund within 45 days if you are unhappy with your purchase even if the store you purchased from is uncooperative, however you should always try to resolve the problem with the store first.
How to link your Global One Card to your PayPal account:
What you need:
- Capitec Global One Card with mastercard capabilities
- About R20 in your account for verification purposes
- Don't worry, the money will be deposited back into your PayPal account
- Email address
- Patience (you'll need to wait for about 3 business days)
- Internet banking
If you already have a PayPal account you can skip these steps and go directly to the bit about how to add your card (step 9), otherwise continue reading.
- Type www.paypal.com/za in your browser
- Click the register button in the top right hand corner
- Select individual account
- Enter your details - Make sure your email address is correct
- After reading the "User agreement", click the "Agree and Create Account" at the b0ttom of the page.
- Fill in your card details
- Click "Continue" if you would like to add your card now
- Click "Go to my Account" if you would like to add your card later
- Now click on "Get Verified"
- To continue, link your card to verify your account
- PayPal will charge your card with an amount of 1.95USD which is about R18
- This will reflect on your statement in 1 - 3 business days with a 4 digit PayPal verification number
- Use your internet banking to check your statement for this code
- Once you have the code, follow step 9 again
- Enter your 4 digit code
- and click continue
- The money that was charged to your account will now be visible in your PayPal balance.
You are now ready to begin worry free shopping! Enjoy!
As you can see from the info-graphic below. PayPal is widely used overseas and is accepted by almost all online stores giving you limitless buying potential. Unfortunately South Africa is not on the map because PayPal does not support the Rand as a currency for payment yet.