What you need to register on SARS eFiling:
- Your tax registration number/s,
- Your ID number,
- and your personal details.
Registering on SARS e Filing has many pros:
- You get to check your submissions before submitting to make sure everything is correct.
- You don’t have to visit one of the SARS regional centres which is always busy!
- You have control.
I cannot think of many cons to this service.
So now that you know the benefits of registering for efiling SARS. Let’s jump right into the tutorial!
SARS eFiling video tutorial
Registering on SARS eFiling as an individual
- The first step is to open your browser and navigate to http://www.sarsefiling.co.za/. Remember it is one l and not SARS eFilling. 😛
- Once you arrive at the website you should click on the REGISTER button in the top right corner of the page.
- Now click on For Individuals in the bottom left corner.
- You are now on the first step of the SARS e Filing registration process, but the fourth step in this tutorial. 😉
- Read through the instructions and the terms and conditions
- Tick the I accept box
- Then click Continue
- Now you have to fill in the detailed form. If you have all your information with you this should take about 5 minutes to complete. Most of the questions are standard, but I will explain one of the confusing questions.
- Register for Provisional Tax – TaxTim explains what Provisional Tax is.
- You can ignore the Tax Practitioner Number bit if you do not have a Tax Practitioner otherwise you can fill it in.
- Remember to keep your SARS eFiling login and password safe.
- Once you have filled in everything you can click on Register.
- You will receive two emails, like the ones below, from SARS eFiling. They are supposed to send you your SARS eFiling login with 4 digits added as well. It seems like they never sent mine, but I registered in 2013 so I might have misplaced the email.
- Well done! You have successfully registered on SARS e Filing! Now you can login and submit your returns.
P.S. If SARS eFiling didn’t send you your SARS eFiling login you should call them on their toll free number 0800 00 7277.